Local Restaurants in Portsmouth, NH
As a top culinary destination, there is no shortage of delicious restaurants in Portsmouth saturating every corner of our coastal town. Seafood pulled fresh from the ocean, innovative tapas, and locally-sourced farm-to-table cuisine are all part of our dynamic dining scene. Frequently featured as an area rich with five-star dining, there’s a restaurant in Portsmouth for every foodie. We’ve selected some of our favorites below.
Follow us along our culinary adventures while discovering new eateries on our blog, The Port's Mouth.
We not only recommend these delicious restaurants, we dine here as well! Discover a true taste of Portsmouth at some of our favorite places to eat.
Every dining experience can be turned into a special occasion. Celebrate a birthday or anniversary at one of these romantic restaurants.
- Cava | 603.319.1575 | 10 Commercial Alley, Portsmouth
- Rudi’s | 603.430.7834 | 20 High Street, Portsmouth
- Black Trumpet Bistro | 603.431.0887 | 29 Ceres Street, Portsmouth
- The Library Restaurant | 603.431.5202 | 401 State Street, Portsmouth
- Ristorante Massimo | 603.436.4000 | 59 Penhallow Street, Portsmouth
Get the freshest catch of the day and enjoy Portsmouth’s most popular cuisine! Dine close to the sea at one of these popular eateries.
Cafes & Breakfast
Start your day with a leisurely breakfast at one of our favorite local cafes and breakfast spots. There’s an option for every early bird, whether you’re in the mood for a fresh juice or craving a hot stack of waffles.
- Popover’s on the Square | 603.431.1119 | 8 Congress Street, Portsmouth
- White Heron Tea & Coffee | 603.294.0270 | 601 Islington Street, Portsmouth
- Colby's Breakfast & Lunch | 603.436.3033 | 105 Daniel Street, Portsmouth
- Breaking New Grounds | 603.436.9555 | 14 Market Square, Portsmouth
- The Juicery | 603.431.0693 | 55 Hanover Street, Portsmouth
- Roundabout Diner | 603.431.1440 | 580 Portsmouth Traffic Circle, Portsmouth
- The Friendly Toast | 603.430.2154 | 113 Congress Street, Portsmouth
After a day of exploring Portsmouth, unwind at one of these delicious restaurants that are open late, and enjoy tantalizing dishes and live entertainment. Extend your evening to discover the coastal nightlife scene!
- The District | 603.501.0586 | 103 Congress Street, Portsmouth
- Thirsty Moose Tap House | 603-427-8645 | 21 Congress Street, Portsmouth
- The Gas Light | 603.430.8582 | 64 Market Street, Portsmouth
- RiRa | 603.319.1680 | 22 Market Square, Portsmouth
- Latchkey | 603.427.8150 | 41 Vaughan Mall, Portsmouth
- Gilley's | 603.431.6343 | 175 Fleet Street, Portsmouth
Casual & Kid Friendly
For the young and young at heart – every member of your family will love these playful establishments. There’s something on the menu for everyone at these family-friendly restaurants in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Portsmouth is home to some of the seacoast's most recognized craft breweries. Take a tour, taste some new brews and find a new favorite! Local Breweries are a great way to get a real taste for Portsmouth.
- Granite State Growler Tours | (603) 964-0284
- Liar’s Bench Beer Co. | (603) 294-9156 | 459 Islington St #4, Portsmouth
- Stoneface Brewing | 436 Shattuck Way, Newington
- Earth Eagle Brewings | 603-502-2244 | 165 High St, Portsmouth
- Portsmouth Brewery | (603)-431-1115 | 56 Market St, Portsmouth
- 7th Settlement Brewery | (603) 373-1001 | 47 Washington St, Dover
- Smuttynose Brewing Company | (603) 436-4026 | 105 Towle Farm Rd, Hampton